Henry M. Miller
For over 20 years, Henry “Hank” Miller has expertly represented clients in family law matters, including those with complex assets in high net worth. He handles any type of Missouri family law related matters, including:
- Divorces – Contested and Uncontested
- Paternity cases – Contested and Uncontested
- Child custody – Original Actions and Motions to Modify
- Child support – Original Actions, Motions to Modify and Enforcement Actions
- Juvenile Law – Abuse and Neglect and Delinquency Cases
- Domestic Violence- Orders of Protection
- Guardianships and Adoptions
- Step-Parent Adoptions
- LGBTQ issues including the subjects above and name and gender marker changes.
Hank and his firm have the resources and experience to aggressively litigate even the most complicated cases. He has successfully tried many cases. He also has extensive training in mediation and works hard to see if a case can be amicably resolved before the case becomes a battle. The hope in any family law case is that a reasonable settlement can be reached as quickly and at the lowest cost possible. This is especially true when kids are involved. As tempting as it may be to want to launch an all-out assault against the other party, parents owe it to their kids to remain reasonable with each other and do their very best to make sure the kids see an image of mutual respect between the parents. Whatever the parents may think of each other, to the kids they are Mom and Dad, and the kids deserve to be encouraged and allowed to love each of their parents.
Hank also acts as a parent coordinator and serves as a Guardian Ad Litem in divorce cases, representing the best interest of the child. He was selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers, Missouri and Kansas in 2015 and every year since.
In addition to Family Law, Hank defends the rights of the accused in state and federal criminal matters, having won acquittals for his clients. He is a member of the prestigious Criminal Justice Act Lead Panel for the Eastern District of Missouri. He is also a member of the St. Louis County Bar Association, the St. Charles County Bar Association and the Jefferson County Bar Association.
Hank was born and raised in St. Louis, and continues to live here with his wife and two sons.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Custody & Visitation
- Spousal Maintenance
- Parental Coordination
- Criminal Defense
- Juvenile Law
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Missouri, 1999
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 2001
- University of Missouri Columbia School of Law, Columbia, Missouri
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1999
- University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1996
Honors and Awards
Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2011, 2012 & 2014
Super Lawyers, 2015 – 2021
Past Employment Positions
- Margulis, Grant, Margulis & Miller, P.C., Partner, 2011 to 2013
- Lampin, Kell, Fagras, Linson, Buehler, Miller & Chandler, Partner, 2009 to 2011
- Margulis, Grant & Margulis, P.C., Associate, 2000 to 2009
Pro Bono Activities
- Board Member, Project COPE, Concordance Academy of Leadership, 2012 to 2014
- Delta Tau Delta